Problem with map you cannot use this map on this device

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
I connected my Go720 to the computer, and the device updated after I tried to use the device from within Home. Mistake 1, I didn't backup, afterall this was only a new file needed to operate the device from the computer. Then it all went wrong.. After this the device only registered half of the SD card's size and only registered one of two maps on the card. Then Home brought up a message the the application was old and needed to be updated. I solved the sd card size problem by reformatting it but then couldn't put the map back on the sd card using home. It never showed me that that map existed. I had to resort to installing the map using explorer (so could easily have missed or placed some file incorrectly). Anyhow the status is the map is on the go and shows when I go to manage maps but then I get the message:

Problem with map. You cannot use this map on this device: Europe_2GB-386

I have an invoice to prove purchase of the map and it work fine up until this all unravelled. Any advice on how to fix this problem?

What application do you have on the device. It should be 8.351. If you downloaded the map, it should be found here in compressed form:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

and you can try a manual install. See here: https://www.tomtomforums.com/t18197-how-install-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

If you don't have 8.351, then connect to Home and it should be offered as an update.

Fixed.

Thanks for your help. The application was up to date, the map seems to have been unzipped to the device correctly. I think the problem was with the activation zip file. Seems to be working now.:)

Ask a Question