Problem with Live Traffic

Did what TomTom support instructed, (factory re-set), other than having to go through all the set-up screens and loosing my favourits, nothings changed.
HD Trafic - still get the revolving wheel or yellow triangle
Live Services - Still wont connect to TomTom Server

On your device, when you go to Connections settings, is there a value for SIM and other items there?

If not, you best call CS at 0845 161 0009 or 020 7387 5444 and have 2nd level support rehabilitate the sim card by activating it (Live Services, in other words) with your account (serial number of device)

Copy the mapsettings.cfg file from your map folder on your unit to someplace safe on your PC, then copy it back to your map folder after performing the factory reset. If your backup is recent, you can use the copy that was created there instead.

I have to report that my HD traffic connection is nearly flawless since I replaced the battery right around November 20. The tech support lady kept telling me: the battery has to be at least 50% for HD traffic to work & kept telling her: I'm not running on battery, I'm connected to a car charger.
I've been checking, however, even when connected if often says "running on battery".
I also noticed the last software update removed the tabs of gas & weather from the screen "behind" the traffic bar; now it's traffic only. I guess they are trying to conserve bandwidth. Makes sense.

I've been checking, however, even when connected if often says "running on battery".
I have found that it is not unusual for the charger plug that goes into my car's cigarette lighter to back out of the hole enough over time that it no longer supplies power to the GPS.

Most of the time this does not happen, but it does happen often enough that I now automatically give the plug an extra push every time I start the car. You may want to do the same thing if you are frequently getting the message that you describe.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Thanks. My plug in in securely, in fact it's a struggle to pull it out. I dont get a message from TT, when I go to the battery status, it, more often than not, will say "running on battery power" my battery shows 85 to 95%. I have a feeling this is done on purpose in the software. Maybe to keep the battery from overcharging?

No, Alex, that's not the case. It should never show that it is operating on battery power when connected to external power. That means that as far as the unit is concerned, it is no longer connected to external power.

Ask a Question