Problem with Itinerary using Tyre

TomTom Model(s)
I create an itinerary using Tyre, save it and then transfer it to my Tom Tom 720. Using my TT 720 I click on Itinerary planning, then I click on options, then load itinerary. At this point I see the itinerary I want and and I click on it. This takes me to a screen which shows all the way points. Here I click done. I then get to a screen which tells me the first destination and asks if I want to go there. I click yes and this is where my problem starts. Instead of taking me to the screen where I start driving I am asked how I want to get there, fastest, shortest and so on. No matter what I choose, the selection changes the itinerary from what I selected using Tyre and makes it the fastest, shortest or whatever was selected on the previous screen. According to the instruction found at http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/Google_itinerary.html I should not get this "type of route" screen, I should just go right to where my itinerary starts.

Could someone please tell me how to prevent the itinerary planned using Tyre from being changed? I really need and prefer to go my own way.

Thanks,
John

My understanding is that TYRE will establish the points along the way but not HOW to get to those points. That's TomTom's job. Often the route it selects is exactly the way you want to travel; sometimes, not.

The solution is to add more waypoints so that, in effect, you are not giving TT a chance to deviate from YOUR desired route.

I understand your point and it is most likely correct. I was just thinking that if the load itinerary option was used then the TomTom would simply use the loaded itinerary and not change it. I will add more way points as you suggest.

Thanks,
John

I am very new to TomTom so would you please explain what it means to turn off the IQ and how to do this.
Thanks
John

I create an itinerary using Tyre, save it and then transfer it to my Tom Tom 720. Using my TT 720 I click on Itinerary planning, then I click on options, then load itinerary. At this point I see the itinerary I want and and I click on it. This takes me to a screen which shows all the way points. Here I click done. I then get to a screen which tells me the first destination and asks if I want to go there. I click yes and this is where my problem starts. Instead of taking me to the screen where I start driving I am asked how I want to get there, fastest, shortest and so on. No matter what I choose, the selection changes the itinerary from what I selected using Tyre and makes it the fastest, shortest or whatever was selected on the previous screen. According to the instruction found at http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/Google_itinerary.html I should not get this "type of route" screen, I should just go right to where my itinerary starts.

Could someone please tell me how to prevent the itinerary planned using Tyre from being changed? I really need and prefer to go my own way.

Thanks,
John

I think you have to pick the last point.

Ask a Question