Problem showing any local street listings for any City

TomTom Model(s)
TT ONE & GO 920
When in a new city/state, has anyone ever experience the problem of not getting local street listing for any given city with their GO920? I had this frustrating issue last Saturday while in Las Vegas for just 3 hours over the weekend; all I got on the screen is wait moment message.
I could not get any of the local street listings in Las Vegas but only the standard POI listing (like airport, Hotels or entries etc) which does not contain the street name of my destination. So I was forced to call for direction on how to get to my destination (I had to write the direction on paper and I was embarrassed I could not tell the guy I had a GPS on me).
Has anyone ever had this issue before and how do I resolve it? Please advice.

When in a new city/state, has anyone ever experience the problem of not getting local street listing for any given city with their GO920? I had this frustrating issue last Saturday while in Las Vegas for just 3 hours over the weekend; all I got on the screen is wait moment message.
I could not get any of the local street listings in Las Vegas but only the standard POI listing (like airport, Hotels or entries etc) which does not contain the street name of my destination. So I was forced to call for direction on how to get to my destination (I had to write the direction on paper and I was embarrassed I could not tell the guy I had a GPS on me).
Has anyone ever had this issue before and how do I resolve it? Please advice.

Do you have firmware 7.481? Many with that version are experiencing the same proble. Ususall, rolling back to 7.221 resolves the issue.

Same problem here with 7.481 and 7.20 map. Seems if the unit is two far off road, ie my drive way, it's useless. Once back on the road and a pin reset, all was back.

Another note, don't mark a point ... off road, ie, your drive way, then try to nav back to it... doesn't seem to work.

Blair

If you connect your tomtom to HOME and Operate My Go and navigate to an address, you'll see streets. After that, you will be able to get streets on your tomtom. Problem is you may begin having trouble finding POIs. I used to have tons of problems with these things but now it all automagically works and I don't know for sure why.

I talked to customer serviceless about it and they told me to run clear flash tool 3 times. I did that and still had problems. but then shortly after that it all started working and I haven't had any problems with streets or POIs for a while.

I tried rolling back to a prior version but then had a whole new host of things that didn't work.

My suggestion- run clear flash tool, Operate My Go and hope for the best.

Thanks folks, It was seriously frustrating being in such situation where I only had a few hours and I only needed an 30mins round trip to this unknown location which is only 26 miles from the airport.

I will look into some of the suggested walk arounds before resulting to my serch for alternatives like Nuvi 770 as a serious replacement option once my WAF (Wife Approval factor) goes up.

In the mean time, if anyone has done it before, please outline the steps to roll back the to pre firmware 7.481 version that works and resolve this issue.
thanks..

Ask a Question