Problem installing newest North america maps

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
So here is my problem, I am using app 8.300 and boot 5.5022, I install the latest map and when I switch maps to use the North America map instead of the North America 2GB map it says "problem with map, you cannot use this map on this device: North_America-19" it then proceeds to switch to the old North America 2GB map v715.1712

any help would be greatly appreciated, I should also mention that the new map is on a 4GB SDHC card. Thanks in advance for the help

Assuming the map is a) legitimate and b) installed on the sdhc card using Home, then probably won't help in this case but try a pin reset.

If that doesn't work, make a backup copy of your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. Ensure that hidden files/folders are showing.

Then, move the map folder from internal to a folder on your computer. Try again to select the map on the sdhc card. If still a no-go, try copying the map folder from the card to internal, removing the card and tr again.

If still no success......I'm afraid you'll need to call Support.

Assuming the map is a) legitimate and b) installed on the sdhc card using Home, then probably won't help in this case but try a pin reset.

If that doesn't work, make a backup copy of your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. Ensure that hidden files/folders are showing.

Then, move the map folder from internal to a folder on your computer. Try again to select the map on the sdhc card. If still a no-go, try copying the map folder from the card to internal, removing the card and tr again.

If still no success......I'm afraid you'll need to call Support.

Thanks, I will try that and let you know the outcome.

I have the 730, so it's slightly different than yours, but I had a similar thing happen to me when upgrading the maps.

Called TT support and they walked me through it - some of the old map files weren't "agreeing with the ones on the new map version. But it was an easy fix and didn't take long for them to resolve it. That is probably your best route.

fyi, the TomTom cust. support # (in U.S. and Canada) is 1-866-486-6866

I have the 730, so it's slightly different than yours, but I had a similar thing happen to me when upgrading the maps.

Called TT support and they walked me through it - some of the old map files weren't "agreeing with the ones on the new map version. But it was an easy fix and didn't take long for them to resolve it. That is probably your best route.

fyi, the TomTom cust. support # (in U.S. and Canada) is 1-866-486-6866

Do you happen to have the number for the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man?

thanks a lot for the help guys, my problem was the name of the map, I had to take off the number of the map in order to get it to work, thanks again. I gotta say that I don't like the fact of losing the fm transmitter to give instructions, I really liked that. Thanks again for all of the help

Do you happen to have the number for the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man?

Hahaha you brought a good laugh into my day, sage :)

Speaking of which...
stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

Good times here on the TTforums.

Ask a Question