Problem getting fix after v7 upgrade

This morning my ONE took 2 minutes to get a GPS fix. That's annoying, but the killer is that it showed my location as being off in the woods, 186 yards away east of the road. This offset continued for several miles up the road and even after making a to the east toward where it thought I was.

Now, I haven't used the TT in a week, and haven't downloaded the GPSQuickFix in 1.5 weeks. But I don't think that out-of-date ephemeris data could cause this huge offset in the location.

Has anyone seen this before? Any solution? I'm thinking of going back to my pre-version 7 backup.

This morning my ONE took 2 minutes to get a GPS fix. That's annoying, but the killer is that it showed my location as being off in the woods, 186 yards away east of the road. This offset continued for several miles up the road and even after making a to the east toward where it thought I was.

Now, I haven't used the TT in a week, and haven't downloaded the GPSQuickFix in 1.5 weeks. But I don't think that out-of-date ephemeris data could cause this huge offset in the location.

Has anyone seen this before? Any solution? I'm thinking of going back to my pre-version 7 backup.

I have a 510 and have not had a problem yet since I downloaded 7.1. If I need to do a reset and turn the unit back on it will show me as being 10-15 miles from my actual ocation and it takes about 10 minutes or so to right itself. My GPS Quickfix seems to downloading just as befor. I have heard that some members have had some difficulty w/ this after loading 7.1.

Ask a Question