problem getting back to canada from buffalo

i wonder if anybody has had this problem. Went to Buffalo last weekend....720 found a route from toronto to my destination in Buffalo. But when I told it to go back to my home address it could not find a route. No place in Canada would work either. I have 7.221 and NA map 710.1584.

thanks

I'm not totally clear what happened here. Did you tell it to navigate to 'Home' (the Home icon)? Or could you not find your address in the database?

Here's what might have happened. When you try to navigate to an address, you have to select which state or country you want. As you were in Buffalo, the unit was set to search locations in NY State. You have to tell it to search in Canada first. Then all of the Canadian database becomes available.

actually i just used the home icon and it couldn't find a route. then i put in the exact address...again no route found. it recognized the address as being in canada...just couldnt find a route

Most definitely bizarre! This is NOT normal behaviour! If it persists, consider doing a paperclip reset (my remedy for every ailment:) ).

Just a suggestion but do you have any Toll Road preferences (i.e. Avoid toll roads) or Planning Preferences (i.e. Always avoid freeways) set? Perhaps the way its configured is not allowing to create a route.

Just a thought, but where do you have your "home" set. If it is off a regular street by very much, the unit cannot find a route back to it....in other words have you navigated to your home successfully before?

I figured it out last night...it was the toll road setting. It was set to avoid toll roads so it could not find a border crossing that had no toll, so it could not find a route.
Thanks for all your help!!

Congratulations! It's amazing the little things that can mess you up! If the Peace Bridge were free, you wouln't have had a problem.

it actually got me across the peace bridge no problem on the way to buffalo since there is no toll......but different story on the way back as there is a toll

Ask a Question