Print out trip plans

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom one N14644
Hi, I am new here and have a question about the Tom Tom One. My kids gave it to me for Christmas. Been playing around with it and was wondering if it is possible to print out a trip routing.

Could someone give me a step by step on how to print a trip from Home to St Louis, Mo?

Thanks

Wayne
(e-mail address removed)

There is no easy way to do it in a TomTom. There is no specific operation that creates a file that can be printed.

There is a 'kludge' method to sort of accomplish it, but it's convoluted somewhat:
1. Use Home's Operate My Unit to Navigate to destination.
2. Browse the route as text.
3. For each screen of text you see, do a screen capture to Paint or some other graphics program to crop and place cropped file into a document.
4. Goto step 3 until finished seeing all the screens as text.
5. Print resulting document.

Told you it was convoluted ....:D

There is no easy way to do it in a TomTom. There is no specific operation that creates a file that can be printed.

There is a 'kludge' method to sort of accomplish it, but it's convoluted somewhat:
1. Use Home's Operate My Unit to Navigate to destination.
2. Browse the route as text.
3. For each screen of text you see, do a screen capture to Paint or some other graphics program to crop and place cropped file into a document.
4. Goto step 3 until finished seeing all the screens as text.
5. Print resulting document.

Told you it was convoluted ....:D

Wow, convoluted is correct!!

Is is correct to assume that the TomTom has to be connected to the PC and in TomTom home or....

What I want to do is to print the text of a route for additional planning such as restaurants from Roadfood.com and campgrounds from Good Sam.

Ask a Question