previous software on new 750 live

I previously had a go 520 and on an sd card had truck software which i used while towing my caravan. My 520 is now deceased and decided on a 750 live which had a micro sd slot so I thought I could copy my truck software on to use when towing my caravan. I have copied my software from my sd card to the micro sd card and when i slot it into my new 750 live nothing happens. It just displays the tom tom logo and does not boot up.

I would greatly appreicate some help as I need the truck software incase my gps takes me through any narrow lanes or low bridges. Also If this is achieved would live and new maps still work when I chose truck on my satnav? Many thanks in advance.

The truck models require specific software AND maps. You can't just copy the software from unit A to unit B and expect the maps on unit B to work for truck routing.

I have all the software and european maps that worked well on my 520. Copied all to microsd cos the 750 doesn't have an sd only microsd slot.

You cannot share maps between units. They are locked to the unit originally installed upon.

If the map was supplied by TomTom pre-loaded to the SD memory card then it will be locked to the ID of the card which isn't transferable, simply copying the files across to a MicroSD card certainly won't work, I would suggest you give TomTom a ring and see if there is anyway they could assist in putting your map on the smaller form factor card - Mike

Also... going back to basics, AFAIK the Go x20 models have only ever had v7 or v8 software, and the Go x50's have only ever used v9 software.

Would this old (presumably v8) software even work on a Go 750?

Ask a Question