Pretty Annoyed with TT XL at the moment

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by jim8888, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim8888

jim8888

I bought a Tom Tom XL at Walmart on holiday in US. Okay it was on offer, and cheap, but was great to use on holiday.
    Following this good experience, when I got home, I decided to buy a Western Europe map for ?60, on top of the ?80 I've already spent, and now the problems have started. I have a Tom Tom that now refuses to work, despite having followed a lot of the advice on this forum, I can't get either the US or WE maps load or read. I have all the right files, including the activation ones and have tried everything. What do I do now? I return to the States in three months and want to use it. (No, I don't have the Walmart receipt either.)
    It seems to me that the basic issue is a lack of sufficient memory on the machine. NOWHERE on the Tom Tom box is there a warning that buying an additional map would be an issue for this Tom Tom.
    What is my best redress now? I have paid ?140 for what seems to be a machine that's not fit for purpose, and not sold as such either.
    Any advice from anyone with similar problems?

jim8888, May 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. jim8888

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Closing this thread since you started one
    here.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
    dhn, May 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question