Pretty Annoyed with TT XL at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Tom Tom XL at Walmart on holiday in US. Okay it was on offer, and cheap, but was great to use on holiday.
Following this good experience, when I got home, I decided to buy a Western Europe map for ?60, on top of the ?80 I've already spent, and now the problems have started. I have a Tom Tom that now refuses to work, despite having followed a lot of the advice on this forum, I can't get either the US or WE maps load or read. I have all the right files, including the activation ones and have tried everything. What do I do now? I return to the States in three months and want to use it. (No, I don't have the Walmart receipt either.)
It seems to me that the basic issue is a lack of sufficient memory on the machine. NOWHERE on the Tom Tom box is there a warning that buying an additional map would be an issue for this Tom Tom.
What is my best redress now? I have paid ?140 for what seems to be a machine that's not fit for purpose, and not sold as such either.
Any advice from anyone with similar problems?

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
Closing this thread since you started one
here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question