Preserving corrections through map update

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
I've found that many of the corrections to street names I discovered as I put together the San Francisco 49-mile Scenic Drive route went away as soon as I updated to the version 720 maps. I've restored some of them, and have made many more corrections since that I have low confidence are going to come through in MapShare or a future map release. The next time I do a map update (which will probably be v8 maps) how do I not re-enter all of my MapShare corrections?

Unfortunately, mapshares are tied to a specific map version. Ohne can only hope that corrections to one version find their way to a higher level one.

Except ..... don't forget the issue regarding 'mapshares' verified by TomTom, verified by many, verified by some, etc. (options in Home software).

In other words, if you are the ONLY one making a correction to a 710 level map, for instance, you can be pretty sure you'll never see it incorporated in a higher level map when it comes out.

A long winded reply that could have simply been: "Sorry, you'll have to redo all your earlier changes".

Okay, then what about obtaining a list of the corrections submitted before upgrading so that I can (in my "copious spare time,") check those changes by hand?

Okay, then what about obtaining a list of the corrections submitted before upgrading so that I can (in my "copious spare time,") check those changes by hand?

I suspect only a Virgo would create such a list :eek:

Seriously, I know of no way to get a hard copy of any mapshare changes.

The changes must be stored (I would think) in a file on the unit for it to allow uploading the share and using it within your own unit. The file may or may not be readable but a search of the units files may help.

Would be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Uploads\MapCorrections

Would be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Uploads\MapCorrections
While looking for something else today I found under C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp files called TomTomMapPatches-1 through -32, dating from my first use 'til this evening. By the time stamp I see the pairs I made for the NA and W+CE maps.
These should include the ones you sent yourself.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9m; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

I suspect only a Virgo would create such a list :eek:

Seriously, I know of no way to get a hard copy of any mapshare changes.[/QUOTE]

A Virgo? naw, I'm a former software engineer and an entreprenuer. I figure TomTom has created a market for such a tool.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9m; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

A Virgo? naw, I'm a former software engineer and an entreprenuer. I figure TomTom has created a market for such a tool.

You've been around here long enough to know that TomTom apparently doesn't use 'no steenkin' software engineers' (or QA analysts, which I am.) :( :D

Ask a Question