Present for Xmas and I want to have it set up

Hi all,
I have brought a TomTom Go 550 LIVE for my husband for xmas and I wanted to have it all ready for him to use - well this is proving complicated!!!!!
He already has a TomTom One and the account we set up won't let me add the GO 550 to it, so I tried setting up a new account and that hasn't worked either.

Also I have turned the unit on and had a little go with it - it won't let you find an address by postcode - what am I doing wrong??? e.g. if your postcode is AB1 3CD, it will only accept AB1 and just pulls up towns.

Someone please help me as my technology head is not on today and I have been trying to find answers on TOMTOM website, read manual back to front and not getting anywhere.

Thanks
Debs

You should be able to set up the new unit with a different email account/password. It doesn't even have to be a real email account, as long as it is in the proper format ([email protected] or something like that.....).

what happens when you try?

For the zip codes: Use this link:
http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox50_live/zip.zip

and use WinRar to extract the 2 GB files to a folder on your unit called zip (all lower case).

See if that helps.

Ask a Question