Power up sound sometimes?

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd Edition
Sorry if this is a silly question but why is it that my TTONEv2 sometimes plays a "tomtom" sound on power up and sometimes it doesn't?

Thanks.

After you disconnect from your computer or remove your SD card, your tomtom fully boots up which involves the drum sounds.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've noticed something since I posted last. Now in order for me to power up every time, I need to eject the SD card and re-insert. Otherwise the unit will not power up at all. Do you happen to know if anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick reply. I've noticed something since I posted last. Now in order for me to power up every time, I need to eject the SD card and re-insert. Otherwise the unit will not power up at all. Do you happen to know if anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks again!

Interesting that you post this. I just updated to 7.161 and now my ONE does the same thing. Refuses to turn on unless I eject the SD card and re-install.

When will they get it right??

Thanks for posting. I'm glad that it isn't something I did. My guess is we'll start to see a lot more people saying the same thing as they update to 7.161

What type of reset? Did you hit the button on the bottom? What do you loose when you do that?

Thanks.

Yeah, I pushed in the button on the bottom. I don't think you lose anything, my favorites are still intact. Maybe some settings, I didn't check those.

Jim

Thanks for the tip on the reset. After upgrading to 7.161, my One was not starting up either. I'm sure glad I found this thread, or I'd have spent a lot of time restoring my backup. Hitting the reset fixed the problem on mine too.

Ask a Question