Power problem with TT GO 750

TomTom Model(s)
Go 750
I've happily used my 750 since October 2010 - but since I updated the software last month the unit will no longer charge correctly in the car ?

When it is on its window dock and plugged in the orange light by the power button is lit, but the unit simply goes flat. I am needing to bring it into the house each evening and charge it from the mains power or leave it switched off in the car dock to charge. For some reason it can no longer charge and actually navigate at the same time ?

Can anyone help me out with this ?

It could be the battery is going flat and the stress on the CPU from the new build is forcing the issue.

Or maybe the dock itself is the problem. You can try a test......

Bring it inside and connect to the computer for power (not Home). Plan a trip and run a demo of the trip. Let the demo keep repeating itself. If the battery does not drain, then it is likely the dock since power from the computer is less than you get from a 'healthy' dock for the unit.

Ask a Question