Power on / off w/ ignition?

Has anybody been able to get a 930 to automatically power on when turning the car on and power off when turning the car off?

It can be set to "Auto Off" if the ciggy charger socket is switched by the car ignition key. It isn't possible to auto on the device though - Mike

Thanks. I've rewired my car's 12V DC sockets to only activate when the car's ignition is turned on.

Can the 940 do it? Not sure if I want to jump on the 930 now or wait for the 940.

Auto-on and auto-off were removed in an earlier application (maybe around 6.5-ish).

The cynical explanation was that the 910 mount at the time was defective and kept disconnecting, and this was a way to hide it.

Auto-off return a year or so later, but no return of auto-on yet.

Auto-on is a very frequently requested feature, call Tomtom support and ask them to log the request with their developers. The more customers request it, the more Tomtom might consider adding it.

6,52 got rid of the Auto On feature, it also disabled the audio line out hack that was discovered, you had no option but to use the newer software though if you had the FM transmitter mount or the RDS-TMC receiver with the x10 device - Mike

Found this ref why Tomtom no-longer powers on by itself.....

'we worried it would flatten the car battery'

That is their stand-point...

I just upgraded from a 910 to a 940 owing to my iphone being unable to update Traffic, etc via Bluetooth (no DUN support on iPhone).

But I have now lost auto-on... which is a pain as it was mounting inside my dash... so now I have to pull it out, power it on - a real pain. At least it still turns off by itself...

Come on Tomtom.... sort it out !!! I want my power on automatically back please !!!!

Ask a Question