Possible to disable auto zoom?

I have a TomTom One XL, and find that the auto zoom is very annoying. In other words, if I'm looking at either the 3D or 2D interface, and zoom out, the TomTom will then zoom back in, and there's no way to cancel this behavior. Therefore I can't see any Waypoints that I've made, or the larger map.

My solution is to use the "Browse Map" interface, which is great and works well, but it doesn't have an auto follow feature, meaning I constantly have to click the icon at the top right of the screen so it will center the map on my current position. So maybe there's some hidden way to enable auto follow in the "Browse Map" interface?

I have a feeling the answer is no to both questions, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a TomTom One XL, and find that the auto zoom is very annoying. In other words, if I'm looking at either the 3D or 2D interface, and zoom out, the TomTom will then zoom back in, and there's no way to cancel this behavior.

I don't know what they were thinking, but from everything I read here, it CANNOT BE DISABLED.

I don't get it. Really. Why would they do something like this? You are only one of myriad users who cannot stand this feature. And yet here it is, and we can't disable it.

The high-end ones can disable it. I don't get this. We're not asking for a high-end feature! Just that it NOT do an unwanted behavior!

Really... if faced with "auto-zoom" vs "no auto-zoom", without an option to switch, you'd think the OBVIOUS choice would be NO AUTO-ZOOM!

My TomTom is going back, or getting sold on eBay, if I can't find a fix for this AWFUL feature!

I have to add my voice here. I also can't stand the auto-zoom feature. I want it to stay at a level I choose - or at least in a range I choose. I love my TomTom but this feature is divorce stakes for me.

Last edited:
I have discovered TomTom have an error console which can allow you to edit the about:config and I wonder if we can sort it out that way. I'll start a new thread for that.

I thought when TT release NC 9.0xx, the zoom features for both 2D and 3D are there for your control, either enable or disable.

I thought when TT release NC 9.0xx, the zoom features for both 2D and 3D are there for your control, either enable or disable.

9.0xx honors the feature set originally installed with the device.

If the device is a GO unit that previously had the option to disable auto-zoom, 9.0xx will allow you to disable autozoom. If the device is a start/ease/one/xl/xxl unit that previously didn't permit autozoom disabling, then 9.0xx will not add that feature.

Ask a Question