Possible? please help a rider

Hi guys, I'm searching the forum as I write ;-)
Great forum btw :)

I am wondering if it is possible in any way to mod my Rider so that the info bar at the bottom (below the map) is
larger....

Explanation, my trusty ol'bike (a -83 seca, xj 750) has no working speedo....and believe me it's hard to get hold
of a new instrument....So I was wondering if a mod could be applied to my rider to make the speed display on it a bit larger, so that it's actually readable when riding...

Anyone?

brgds
Dev

Welcome, can't speak on the Rider Model's but my TT One XL shows the speed quite large enough for me to read while on my ride..........

Here's a low-tech possible solution: You can get flat, plastic magnifying "glasses" in varioius shapes. Find the right magnification and cut it to size and stick it on your screen.

I've seen them in bookstores ("wallet magnifying cards") and gizmo stores, but can't point you to any place in particular.

Hey ho, how low-tech can you go?! (And it'd be cheap too).

Here's a low-tech possible solution: You can get flat, plastic magnifying "glasses" in varioius shapes. Find the right magnification and cut it to size and stick it on your screen.

I've seen them in bookstores ("wallet magnifying cards") and gizmo stores, but can't point you to any place in particular.

Hey ho, how low-tech can you go?! (And it'd be cheap too).

That would make me nervous on a bike. Ever burned ants with a magnifying glass when you were a kid? hehehe

That would make me nervous on a bike. Ever burned ants with a magnifying glass when you were a kid? hehehe
Good point! (I was a "fly" boy myself, "ants" tougher to catch stationary).
I've just tried to get a focused beam from my flat, plastic magnifier and couldn't get any heat at all. Different kind of optics, I assume.

Ask a Question