Police / Fire / EMS Scanners (Radios) ?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One V2 7.161
Anyone monitor police / fire / ems , using scanners? TT comes in very useful if you want to go check out a "major incident"...or something that interests you.

i listen to my unden bc-250 scanner.

sometimes it depresses me as i hear the worse in humans.

though there is very cute sounding dispatcher for a local county ambulance service...

I have 4 trunking scanners including mobile units which is legal for me because of my amateur radio license. And yes, talk about a rude awakening of what goes on around you. Listen to music if you want to raise your spirits!...lol.

Lou

Only if you have it (running) in your car, otherwise illegal in most states, say like it's mounted with a bracket just like a 2 meter rig. I know for sure illegal in Michigan. Time to upgrade Leo to Extra, no more Morse Code!

Lou

Last edited:
Its not Illegal in California, as long as you dont use it to commit a crime.
I have a uniden BCD 396, that I play with. Its way more powerfull than I havetime to figire out. One day I have to spend some time and work on the trunking stuff.

One thing I am looking for a is a good small antenna to mount on my car. There are so many to choose from its hard to say whats best.
I was hoping to find something that would mount in along with my XM antenna hump on the roof of of RDX.

I would appreciate any advice.

Ask a Question