POI's do not show on map after map upgrade

I am reasonbly new to tomtom.
I have had two POI problems.
1, When I first received my 730 all of the gas station logos showed on the map. I then the fuel price option, after that all gas stations used the same generic logo.

2, This is now by far worse. I used my map guarantee hoping it would fix the first issue. Now only two types of generic POI icons show on the map, airport and shopping.
I no longer show any restaurants, gas stations, police stations, nothing else.
What should I do?

I apologize, I figure that was understood. I did double check that all the poi's I wanted to display were still checked. I tried unchecking them, rebooting then rechecking them but still no go.
Thanks,

Have you tried copying your mapsettings.cfg file from the old map folder to the new one?

I don't seem to have a previous maps folder. Unless it is in a backup folder that I am not finding.

So Here is what I have done. I removed all POI's from the 730 through the HOME program. This has restored all of the icons including the gas stations that were stock on the device. In that I removed fuel prices which I figured because I subscribe to it I should be able to re-install.
Hmm, Now I cannot reinstall because of an error that says "TOMTOM Home has fuel prices for a gas station that is not on your map." and the download is interupted.
This reminds me that I received this error when I originally installed fuel prices. After messing with it for awhile I got it to install last time, but it may have something to do with why all of my brand gas icons stopped showing on the map.
Any ideas?

So finally got the fuel prices reinstalled and the brand fuel poi icons are no longer on the map.
It appears that in TomTom's infinite wisdom they have decided that people that might occasionally search by gas prices don't want to know the names of the gas stations near them.

Ask a Question