POIs - Display or not?

TomTom Model(s)
VIA1530,XXL550,ONE140S,125
I like lots of POIs. They are an easy way to navigate to or make a favorite of establishments or venues. I also like the looks of a commercial logo(McDonalds, Bank of America, etc).

However, I don't like the way they clutter up the main display. Especially, when there's nothing you can do with the icon. I'd like to be able to touch the icon anf get the phone number or address (on main screen) but, instead, I get the menu system. I also find it irritating to see icons that are a bit off-location - wrong side of intersection.

I've decided to not display the POIs at all. Now I've got a clean screen with roads and railroad tracks. I like it.

Is there an easy way to get the phone number on file with a POI?

I think if you're in the Browse Map mode, you'll be able to touch the POI icon and bring it info up.
What you don't like is ........ nothing we, user, or Tomtom can do.
Touch the screen and it will bring up the main menu, what's what they design for.

May I add that showing lots of POIs taxes the microprocessor and if you deviate from your route and it needs to recalculate, it may be slowed down by having to show POIs. That is the reason I only leave the radar warning on and only requests other POI when I really need them such as needing to refuel. Why show all the restaurants if I've already eaten or not hungry? Useless clutter on the small screen!

Ask a Question