POI's disappear after update?

TomTom Model(s)
I drive truck for a living visiting many places and do map corrections as I go, ie, moving business to correct location, deleting bad ones, etc. to help the community as a whole.
I noticed that when I do an update through home2 and go back to using the 720, it no longer has the corrections I made nor the places I added. I regularly add business that I visit so that I or anyone can locate them for future reference. Anyone else suffer from this? / or have a solution? Also the corrections are not in my backups either:confused:

I drive truck for a living visiting many places and do map corrections as I go, ie, moving business to correct location, deleting bad ones, etc. to help the community as a whole.
I noticed that when I do an update through home2 and go back to using the 720, it no longer has the corrections I made nor the places I added. I regularly add business that I visit so that I or anyone can locate them for future reference. Anyone else suffer from this? / or have a solution? Also the corrections are not in my backups either:confused:

Are you saving them as poi's or favourites? The problem you are having always happens when a map update takes place and favourites get lost. The solution is to copy the MapSettings.cfg from the map folder on the backup to the map folder on the unit, overwriting the file that is there.

If indeed they are poi's that aren't being retained, do you see the custom ones you created (extension will be .ov2) in the map folder? That's where they must be located. If they are there, try the ClearFlash tool located here:http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6211&Lid=4

Don't worry if it doesn't specifically mention your model.

Last edited:
Yes I am saving them as poi's and you are right, they disappear when I connect through home and it does the update.

Just got back home and I will look at the folders and see what is there. I was unaware of the flash tool on T/T's site. I'll try that also.

For a while, when I first purchased my 720 I was saving items as favorites which is rather annoying when browsing the map with all these stars all over it so I erased all but a selct few and started saving them as previously noted as companies, restraunt, gas stations, etc..

Ask a Question