POI's by state

There is a possiblility but since we are a new and non-TomTom funded site ran by 2 friends who both have full time jobs, we are just trying to do a nationwide POI per item database to save us time. Plus the POI isnt really that hugh anyways. But yup we can definitely do one for BP gas stations. Just try to report back to us if you downloaded a POI and no nearby stores are listed, so we can redo that POI and make sure that locations are filled in the area you reside in.

Creating POIs for all Walmarts? All Macdonalds? All BP stations? How do you do that? What's the process?
All I can think of it using, say, a store locator on a company's website and somehow pull off lat-long data. Or does Googleearth make it possible, or almost easy? Inquiring minds want to know....

Creating POIs for all Walmarts? All Macdonalds? All BP stations? How do you do that? What's the process?
All I can think of it using, say, a store locator on a company's website and somehow pull off lat-long data. Or does Googleearth make it possible, or almost easy? Inquiring minds want to know....

If you have a list of the GPS data of what you want to build, you can simply create or edit a file in poiedit.
Once you have that done you have like a wallmart.ov2 file which can then be copied into your map directory.
All you need now is 22 by 22 pixel logo, so get little creative with that in a good paint & photo program like photoshop.

Google Earth can be used in combination with Google-TomTom, although I wonder if it's really accurate.
Google-TomTom can be downloaded from http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php

Ask a Question