POI's and editing them...

TomTom Model(s)
720 GO; Verizon; Samsung SCH-u740; WinXP
I understand that TT uses TeleAtlas as the map source. Is this also true for the POI's? I replaced mi MIO 310x (also TeleAtlas-based) with the TT720 and have found that the POIs on the TT are much less "inclusive" than on the MIO. I'm trying to "solve" 2 problems:

1. I want to add POI's to the .OV2 files - preferable from a .csv format file, so I need an editor/converter

2. all POI phone numbers have a +1 prefix which translates to 011-1 before the phone number when I use the BT hands-free calling feature. I want to edit the POI's to remove it.

Tried POIEdit but looks like TT has encrypted the POI files in the latest s/w version (710.1584).

HELP!!!

I have been wondering this myself. Everytime I want to add a new POI I need to add a new catagory instead of being able to add it to an existing catagory. The problem with this is that soon I will have too many catagories and it will eventually become too cumbersome to manage. If we could add POI's to existing catagories it would be nice!

Ask a Question