POIs alphabetizing my own POIs?

I save many of my frequent destinations in various personal POI categories. I am not certain how they get listed but they are not in alphabetical order. I think I can use tools at http://tomtom.gps-data-team.com/ to convert OV2 to CSV, use Excel to alphabetize, and then convert back to OV2 at that URL. But is there an easier way?

I am pretty sure that they go in the order that they are entered. The question is why would you want them displayed alphabetically if they are in poi category since tomtom would display them according to your proximity to the locations. I have found poiedit http://www.poiedit.com/ fairly easy to use and you can arrange your pois alphabetically or by coordinates etc while editing.

HTH:D

I saved many of my frequently used locations as POIs instead of favorites (which are limited to 50).

So I have a POI categories named people, Florida, and frequent. When I am looking to go somewhere, I choose that category and look down for the names. It's not closeness that counts in this kind of category; it's ease of finding the name of the POI. I did do what I had written and it's alphabetized with only a little trouble.

I haven't looked at POIEdit yet.

On a different topic, I started to experiment with Tyre to create itinerary files from locations pinpointed on Google Maps and Google Earth. It's quite interesting to use and addictive. I haven't tried to find the usual kind of POI that way yet but it's great for setting up my favorite addresses or routes.

OOPS!!

I did alphabetize the file on the computer but the tomtom still goes by distance and does not show the POIs as alphabetized. Oh well ... At least I won't have to convert, excel, sort, convert again.

OOPS!!

I did alphabetize the file on the computer but the tomtom still goes by distance and does not show the POIs as alphabetized. Oh well ... At least I won't have to convert, excel, sort, convert again.

I'm not sure on which units or what submenus this might appear but after you do a poi search, I think you can tap FIND at the bottom and it might then show up alphabetically or you could type "A"?????

Ask a Question