Point of interest lacking?

Hey Folks

Just bought a Tomtom ONE XL.

I moved from a Garmin c530.

On my Garmin it was like a Yellowpages, it has ALL kinds of stores restaurants etc with phone numbers. This Tomtom doesn't seem to have anything and what is in the POI sections has very little....even the local big MALL isn't included.

Am I doing something wrong?
I mean, I put FUTURESHOP, Local grocery stores, and even WALMART and it comes up with nothing. :[

Is there i a place way I can load everything in my area ?
thanks
A

Via the home program you can download a retail stores POI file. Still though, I agree, TT is way lacking in their POIs. I've had to add a lot from this site, but I still feel like I'm lacking.

Hye thanks! Didn't see the FREE files, that helps alot, much appreciated!

I tried upoading .ov2 files but the Tomtom can't read them.

Is there a fix for this?

Hey

Yes I went to: gps-data-team.com/poi

Then I selected my area then selected the "Local POIs"
This brings a MAP up, then you click your area and it makes a POI file of things in your area, I download it in "TomTom POI - OV2" format, then put it in the Canada/US map folder in the TomTom One XL.

The area's I choose have from 200-700 POI's in each, but in my Tomtom, the POI files are EMPTY.

Any reason they are empty?
thanks!

Am I doing something wrong?
I mean, I put FUTURESHOP, Local grocery stores, and even WALMART and it comes up with nothing.
When searching POIs try using the 'Any POI Category' option and type in less words. For example, Walmarts are listed as Wal-mart and not Walmart. You will not know this unless you typed in less words just as 'Wal' or 'Future' for Futureshop. Hope this helps.

Ask a Question