Poi

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I am new at it so please bare with me.
A.How do I know what POI are in my go 720?
B.How can I add to an existing list? (lets say a campground that is not in the list).
C.How do I add POI from POI factory GPS?
Thanks

I think the steps are Manage Maps-->Manage pois-->Show on Map and then scroll down the list and check off the choices you want. Any custom pois you added appear first followed by the built in categories.

Remember, the more poi categories you select to show on a map, the slower the refresh of the map screen while driving. Any more than 3 or 4 categories is probably too many.

B. to add to the your 720's internal POI, you need to use Mapshare. You can access Mapshare from the main menu or using the 'Browse map'.

C. If you are adding custom POIs with the extension .ov2, these files go into your map folder. The .ov2 files are also associated with a icon (.bmp). Both need to have the same name and go in your map folder.

A. Main Menu -> Change preferences -> Show POI on map. Whatever you see in there is what your device currently has.

B. If factory POIs do not have what you need, in this case, campground, what you need is you can eitheir create your own or download the "campground POI" on the net. Either case, your custom POI must be .... say "campground.ov2" AND "campground.bmp". Both files must be the exact same name. Assume that you have both files already, put them into the map folder (if you have NA map, then put them in North_America folder)

C. hmmmm

Ask a Question