Poi .ver files

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One LE
Hi folks thanks for all the neat poi that you all come up with....But here is my question... When I use the custom poi's I am not able to change the locations of the custom poi's... and sometimes they are way off from where they should. So when I go to correct them the TT1 LE states I cannot edit this as it is bascally a tt file. So i was poking around and found that tt uses thre different file in order to make a poi. the bmp the ov2 and then a ver file.. Its this ver file that I think allows you to "correct" poi and edit them... Does anyone know how to create these types of files... OR can you tell me another way to reposition a custom poi on the tomtom one LE... Thanks Again for all your help in advance. Matt:)

Moving custom POI's

This may be a long way round, but here's how i did it.
1. Write down the information of the POI you want to move, phone number, adress/title etc.
2. In the "Manage POI" catagory, choose "add poi". you will be given all your poi catagories so choose the cat you need.
3. Add the poi, choose the "correct" location on the map. Add the details you wrote down earlier, it's all self explanitory.
4. Check to see if it comes up as a normal POi.
5. If it does and is what you wanted, go back to manage poi and choose "Delete POI" and get rid of the wrongly located one.

When i added the new POI in the correct position it allocated the logo for me so it did not have to create one.

When I use the custom poi's I am not able to change the locations of the custom poi's.
There are a couple of easy ways to make changes to custom POIs.
One is to use the programme POIEdit and the other one is TYRE.
Tire will attach itself to the HOME software as a drop down item and once installed will open if you click on an .ov2 file.

With TYRE you can drag the POI location to where you want it. It keeps the street address and the coordinates in different registers and after the custom POI was made, you could preface the address with a more common name like Uncle Henry, The Pub, etc., easier to find in that list in the custom POI category.

Although there should be no need to manually edit a POI it can easily be done by opening the .ov2 with Notepad and make the required changes.

... to manually edit a POI it can easily be done by opening the .ov2 with Notepad and make the required changes.
Erhm, don't think so...
You will not be able to open and read an *.ov2 file in Notepad.
If it is only a few locations that needs editing within the *.ov2 file, POIEdit is, as stated above, an easy way to achive this.
(as long as the custom *.ov2 file is NOT type3, then POIEdit can't open it)

Erhm, don't think so...
You will not be able to open and read an *.ov2 file in Notepad.
You are right POIEdit and TYRE will do it, as I said.
Notepad can be used to easily edit an itn file.
Thanks for correcting it.

Ask a Question