Poi Transfers From Web Sites

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I have a GO720 and I downloaded some POIs from poifriend.com. The files downloaded and I transfered them to the internal hard drive. I can see them on the hard drive when I open it up; however, I can't locate the POIs through the touch screen. What can I do...I am using a iMAC G5 tiger OS X

Thanks,

tio:confused:

thank you very much...i will give that a try and see if it works

Just so you know, after you add the POIs to that folder on your TT you will some odd things. When you turn on the TT and look at the POI list, at the very top there will be a POI with a red square to the left of it and the name will .POI Name (POI Name being the name of the actual POI you loaded and there will be a period in front of it). You need to uncheck this POI. When you scroll down in the list you will see the actual POI with the correct icon. You can go into the TTs Prefs and Edit the POI list and delete the one with the .POI Name next it. This will not impact the actual POI. You this because you are on a Mac and how the Macs Finder interacts with the TT drive.

Just so you know, after you add the POIs to that folder on your TT you will some odd things. When you turn on the TT and look at the POI list, at the very top there will be a POI with a red square to the left of it and the name will .POI Name (POI Name being the name of the actual POI you loaded and there will be a period in front of it). You need to uncheck this POI. When you scroll down in the list you will see the actual POI with the correct icon. You can go into the TTs Prefs and Edit the POI list and delete the one with the .POI Name next it. This will not impact the actual POI. You this because you are on a Mac and how the Macs Finder interacts with the TT drive.

Thanks for this! I always wondered what on earth those things were, and now I know :)

Ask a Question