POI Searching Inferior to Garmin

On my friend's NUVI, he can seach ALL POI categories (by spelling the name) when looking for something. On my 720, I must first go into the correct category, then search. This is dumb. What if I'm unsure of the category that TOMTOM listed the POI under?

For example, I know of a restaurant / general store / gas station that I like to stop at in a certain city. I know the name, but can't find it on TT until I get to the gas station POI category. Its not under restaurants or shopping. You should be able to seach all categories, lif you know the name of the place, ike the NUVI.

Anybody know how to do this?

Walt

Agreed...TT doesn't have sub categories.

But Navigate to-->POI-->Near Me (For example), All Categories-->Click the 'find' button, and type in part of the name that you are looking for, like 'dona' and ALL the McDonalds in the entire file will get listed by distance as the crow flies.

Another Example: at the 'Find' button, type 'depo' and ALL the Home Depots in the file (along with all others with the same letter combination) will get listed.

Ask a Question