POI Search -- why is it not more robust?

Hi everyone...

I'm a new 920T owner and have been trying to get used to the device. I'm coming over from Sprint Telenav on my BB 8830. While Telenav is certainly nice when it works (plus you don't have to carry around a second GPS), when you don't have service, you might as well be driving blind if you're actually depending on the GPS to get you from point A to B.

One of the really outstanding features of Telenav is the ability to search for a business by name. It will then use your devices data connection to query for all the matches near your current GPS location.

Since the 920 can use a cellphone's data services via bluetooth to look up weather and traffic, why can't it also do the same thing for businesses?

I find myself continually having to load something like google maps or Microsoft Live on my BB8830 to search for the business that I need and then plug the address in to my 920. It would be such an awesome feature if the 920 would let my type in the business name, and then provide an option to do a "data connection" lookup.

Any TomTom employees reading this??? :D

Wayne

Poi's For Puerto Rico

Can Anyone Answer This? Puerto Rico Is Part Of The U.s.,there Is A Map For P.rico In The N.america Map So Why Ar'nt There Any Poi's?i
I Have Tried To Make My Own As In The Past But When You Look For Something In The Web I.e. Burger King They Dont Have P.rico Adrresses In There.

Ask a Question