POI Search Distance Not always same MAX

Why is it that each POI Category seems to have a different MAX distance, sometimes 40 miles and then maybe 1200 miles. Also, it appears that the distance to the POI is "As The Crow Flys" not road distance!

If I am not mistaken, the POI search results are limited to 48 hits. So if the first 48 have an extreme difference in distance you may see items from next door to hundreds of miles away. If your search has a lot of hits within a small distance then your limit of 48 could show up within a very small distance (like with a few blocks away).

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Why is it that each POI Category seems to have a different MAX distance, sometimes 40 miles and then maybe 1200 miles. Also, it appears that the distance to the POI is "As The Crow Flys" not road distance!

Besides the answer Spook provided for the variance in the miles for the poi listings, the distance to a poi is determined by various factors such as does your map have IQ routing, are you using it, the time of day, the planning preference restrictions.

So, it can't determine driving distance until you actually select a route to a specific poi.

Ask a Question