POI Request: Volkswagen Dealers

TomTom Model(s)
Not to imply that a Volkswagen isn't the most reliable car on the roas but it would be handy to know where the dealers (service) are. You know, I might want to just say HI.

Mostly interested in Arizona, California.

Thanks!
:D

Not to imply that a Volkswagen isn't the most reliable car on the roas but it would be handy to know where the dealers (service) are. You know, I might want to just say HI.

Mostly interested in Arizona, California.

Thanks!
:D

If you can give particular cities it would help. Especially w/ CA which is huge!!

Oh yes... Sorry. Personally, I want to cover the path between Phoenix and L.A. I'm not sure how to get a list of VW dealers. I am willing to research and gather addresses if someone can make them into POIs. I'd even make the POIs if I knew how to do it on a computer.

Here are some target cities...

Phoenix
Scottsdale
Glendale
Mesa

Palm Springs area

Riverside
Pamona
Anaheim
Long Beach
Los Angeles
Santa Monica
Glendale
Burbank
Northridge

Thanks!

Oh yes... Sorry. Personally, I want to cover the path between Phoenix and L.A. I'm not sure how to get a list of VW dealers. I am willing to research and gather addresses if someone can make them into POIs. I'd even make the POIs if I knew how to do it on a computer.

Here are some target cities...

Phoenix
Scottsdale
Glendale
Mesa

Palm Springs area

Riverside
Pamona
Anaheim
Long Beach
Los Angeles
Santa Monica
Glendale
Burbank
Northridge

Thanks!

Her ya go!! let me know if this helps!

Attachments

• Volkswagen Dealership.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 311
id like to get sandiego, losangeles, kansascity Mo, kansascity Ks, and neveda if possible added ed to the zip file

First, Thanks JimT!

But... the VW icon doesn't appear on the locations. It's a red box. I think I need to change the filename of the icon to exactly match the data file. Will do in a sec.

Last edited:
well you can always make your own icon and then make it to right size and save as a bmp. then put it into the file with the rest of the info.. i just wish i could get my locations

With full appreciation for JimT's work...

I have been toying around with learning to make these POI files. I used this VW file as a base. I deleted a bunch of the duplicates and listings that weren't dealerships.

I know it was some sort of import but I don't know how it's done? I also fooled around with getting the associated phone number to appear on the 720 screen but I don't know how you get the "details" button to come up. Unless there is some automated way to get those phone numbers in the right format, I can see it would be very tedious.

I'm learning!

(all credit for the attached POI file goes to JimT)

Oh - and I changed the filenames so they match - the icon will appear.

Attachments

• Volkswagen Dealerships_v2.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 316
id like to get sandiego, losangeles, kansascity Mo, kansascity Ks, and neveda if possible added ed to the zip file

That's a big order -will do as soon as possible. With Christmas coming my time will be tied up!! Sorry about the bmp and ov2 file names not matching!! I did not notice the different names!

Ask a Question