POI questions, and a request

Is there anyway to set up a POI file to have two different warnings? For instance, in DC, we have both permanent speed cameras and "possible zones" where there may or may not be one. If I wanted to have one type of audio warning for the permanent cameras and a different one for the other ones, would I have to separate them into different POI files?

I'm also wondering if there is a standard way to set up speed camera POI's. With a red light camera, it's at a particular intersection. But speed camera zones run for several blocks. Do you put one marker at one end and one marker at the other? If so, how do you tell when you're entering a speed zone and when you're exiting?

I think there was another question, but I can't remember now.

As for my request, would someone be willing to make a POI for Chevy Chase Bank? I've figured out how to edit POI files, but I haven't mastered bulk conversion of website data to a new POI file.

Thanks much, again!

Is there anyway to set up a POI file to have two different warnings? For instance, in DC, we have both permanent speed cameras and "possible zones" where there may or may not be one. If I wanted to have one type of audio warning for the permanent cameras and a different one for the other ones, would I have to separate them into different POI files?
Yes you would have to have seperat POI files: one for speed camera and other for red light.
freakish said:
I'm also wondering if there is a standard way to set up speed camera POI's. With a red light camera, it's at a particular intersection. But speed camera zones run for several blocks. Do you put one marker at one end and one marker at the other? If so, how do you tell when you're entering a speed zone and when you're exiting?
Im not familar with speed cameras, but i assume the POI would have a marker where a speed zone starts and anther where it ends. or have one marker and setting the warning to a particular distance.
freakish said:
As for my request, would someone be willing to make a POI for Chevy Chase Bank? I've figured out how to edit POI files, but I haven't mastered bulk conversion of website data to a new POI file.

Thanks much, again!
Where are you located?

Ask a Question