POI not showing up

At first when I put some poi's in my tomtom they showed up. Now the last several ones I have added have shown up on the memory card but not when I turn on the gps to biew them. Can someone help me. thanks

Poi not showing

There could be various reasons but can't cath it right away.
1 make sure that POI bmp and file have same exact wording (Name).letter characters ect.
ex bmp could read Tacobell and Ov File could read tacobell
2 POI bmp not 22x22 in size
3 POI bmp is a jprg and not Bitmap form

Clear? if not send me the poi via email at
(e-mail address removed) and I'll fix it for you!

George

There is a limit to the number of POI files you can have - I think prior to the latest upgrades it was about 27 so once you install more poi's above that number they will never show. Do a count of the number of ov2 files you have, try deleting one you can see and see if one you couldn't now appears.

hope this helps

I tried that and it worked. thanks. :)

but I had more than 27 working before. so maybe its more.

Is there a free way I can upgrade to be able to add more. I have the Go 300

It was the one's I downloaded from this website. But I tried what slider said and it seemed to work. Now I just hope there is a way to upgrade so I can add lots more lol. thanks

On my Go 510 I currently have 43 categories. I read somewhere that the latest update enabled 100, but I don't know if this will apply to the 00 series.

Anyway, hope that's a good start to my time on this forum - sorting a problem with my first post :)

Guys, I've got more than 180 that I've created myself and haven't noticed any issues with some of them not showing up...

EDIT: Maybe some of them aren't showing up!?! Just paid attention to it today, I'll have to see tomorrow if this is really the case. What determines the 100? Is it custom POI's or is it the total number that are enabled in your TomTom under the "Enable/Disable POI's"? All 180+ show up under that list on my TomTom BTW...

Bryan

Last edited:

Ask a Question