POI location

TomTom Model(s)
TT1
Hello everyone,

I just bought a TT1. I was wondering if there is a way of saving 'current' locations. i.e. My friends and I like mountain biking at this one specific trail, but we can never seem to find it without driving around for awhile.

Is there a function that sets current locations? Set current location as POI or something like that?

Any information regarding this would be much appreciated.

Thanks! ( great forum! )

What you want is 'Add Favorite', then use 'GPS position' or 'Point on map'.

Just realize that for this to work, the point must be on a road that is shown on the TT map. This is not a unit for offroad stuff.

Did the same thing recently for a place in Ringwood...put in a favorite at the parking lot and the next time I tried to navigate to it I couldn't since it wasn't a street address. So I moved the favorite to the road and all was well. I still can mark the trailhead as a favorite and see it on the map but I can't get directions to it. You may also want to search around as I found a few POI databases for trails in a few states.

Ask a Question