POI installation location?

My first time here, so please, be gentle. :)

I read the FAQ on installing custom POIs, but it says to put the .OV2 an .BMP files in your map folder on the storage card. The example shows North America as the map folder, but with TTN5, each state has its own folder. My question is, since the POI data is for all the US, do I need to copy the POI files into every state folder? TIA!

I don't know for sure but look around for the built in POI file. Where ever that is is where I would expect you'd need to put it. On my unit it is POI.dat

No, they have to go inside the map folder.

But jhansman seems to be talking about a PDA setup which I am not familiar with. His map seems to be cut up into many parts - not one seamless map like we have on the Go.

No, they have to go inside the map folder.

But jhansman seems to be talking about a PDA setup which I am not familiar with. His map seems to be cut up into many parts - not one seamless map like we have on the Go.

Exactly. Each state has its own folder, and Calif. has two (No. & So.). If need be, I can copy all the POI data to every folder, as they are on the SD card which has lots of room. I'd just as soon not if I don't have to.

Ask a Question