POI in PR, buy a new map?

Hi,
I live in Puerto Rico and i got a new tom-tom one 130m with NO POI's for Puerto Rico, only gives me stuff from Florida. IT SUX!!!! My question is: should i install a new map and if so is it free? I had an old Garmin and had poi's for PR. It's really rediculous if i should pay. Any answers would help

I don't know if the updated 845 map will have any pois for puerto rico for that model. The larger poi data set for the Go models may, but I don't know whether they'll even fit on your unit.

You can try doing some hunting on the internet for poi sites that cover the island.

Try this for starters:
Search | POI Factory

1. Go to the site and register (it's free)
2. go back to link I provided and select one of the poi files you are interested in.
3. Two buttons will appear, one for Garmin and the other for TomTom ov2 format. Pick tomtom.
4. Where the file gets saved on your computer, just use Explorer to copy it to the map folder on your unit.

Ask a Question