POI Converter

TomTom Model(s)
What is the best program to use to convert and edit POI files, especially from .csv to tomtom?

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
if some one creates a poi in .cvs and it includes the address and phone number, if I use the online poiedit.com it doesnt keep that information. Also seems to mess with the Log and Lat. I need to find something more solid.

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
I use POIEdit but there are times when that program isn't able to open it. I then use another application called POIVerifier (paid program, although use to be free) to 'clean' it up. After running it through POIVerifier I then can use POIEdit to convert it.

Need phone and address

Existing POIs in the TT not only have the phone number, but also a details screen with the address of the POI.

In my efforts to generate a csv file and convert to OV2, I've mostly used POIedit, but also POIconverter as well as some websites. I can make a csv with
lat,log,"name>phone"
which has a valid name, and allows for phone dialing. However, I can not come up with any format that will include the address in the details screen after translating through POIedit/etc.

Any suggestions on how to utilize the data fields for the "details" screen?

Briago

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
Briago said:
However, I can not come up with any format that will include the address in the details screen after translating through POIedit/etc.
Briago
No one knows yet as TomTom has just made this feature in their POI with their recent map upgrades

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I've found that I can upload some csv files to my account at POIFriend.com and then download a reasonably accurate ov2 file for my TT.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question