POI converter/creator

while trying desperately not to have to manually type in all the data for the Covered Bridge request (which i would have had done HOURS ago if I just did it....) I stumbled across this.

http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com/html/programs.html

There is a program there where you can create an Excel Spreadsheet (in the correct format - which seems to be the bugger for me right now) and it will create an ov2 for your TomTom.

There are some other cools tools on this site POI related too.

Has anyone tried any of these and got it to work? I've been playing with the different formats for about ....7 hours now and although I do get the ov2 created, my NEW ENGLAND POIs...seem to be in TURKEY hahahahaha. Either that or the program blows up when I change the format...

anyone ?

Sounds like you are putting the lat/long the wrong way around. TT requires the longitude to come before the latitude for ov2 files. Your spreadsheet should have columns long./lat./name.

Also, why not just use POIEdit? it can read and write .csv and .asc files which can be written using Excel.

Ask a Question