POI - Camp 6 Download

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I'm new to this forum.

I would like to purchase the file of Camp 6 and have it available to use in POI. I've been told it works with Go 720 GPS, I'm travelling and it would be very helpful.

May I ask is this correct? and if I so can someone explain the proccess of how to download the file and put it in POI on my TomTom with out me messing things up.:confused:

Misde.

Wow..you answered that fast,
and how do I down load it to my Tom Tom may I ask?

Thank you so much for your help Canderson,

I don't know how Camp6 manages it specifically, but for your 720, it is as simple as taking the *.ov2 (POI) files and any associated *.bmp (icon) and sliding them into your Aus/NZ map folder on your 720. Camp6 may add some sort of front-end that accomplishes this for you these days.

Your been so helpful and thanks again.

I've had my GPS for years, I think it was one the first TOMTOM made, you guys are so professional Id not go else where.

I'll let you know how I go.

Have a great day! :)

Yes, by all means, let us know how the 'package' looks from Camp6. They say there is no "download available for Mac operating system", which leads me to believe that they have added an installer program around the POI data that will move the files to your unit for you. In the end, though, the objective is to get that *.ov2 and *.bmp for the campsites into your map folder where it belongs.

Ask a Question