POI Branding Images

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this lil bug...
When I edit an existing POI, in particular correct it's location
the branding image associated with it goes away and I'm left
with a generic image.
As an example, there is a local FoodLion grocery store that the
TT showed located about 1 mile from it's actual location, I corrected
it's location but now instead of seeing a little FoodLion logo I
just see a generic shopping cart like other unbranded locations.
It also did the same thing to a McDonalds location I corrected.

Anyone know how to re-associate the branding image?

thats the first thing I noticed also when moving poi's. I have tried playing with different files but haven't come up with an answer. I like looking at those little icons on the map instead of a generic one like you stated. I believe if you could somehow decrypt the file mapuserpatch.dat the linking would be in there. But thats just a guess.... Sorry.:eek:

thats the first thing I noticed also when moving poi's. I have tried playing with different files but haven't come up with an answer. I like looking at those little icons on the map instead of a generic one like you stated. I believe if you could somehow decrypt the file mapuserpatch.dat the linking would be in there. But thats just a guess.... Sorry.:eek:

I don't know whether this help or not......I picked this tip up from a previous thread. Here was the scenario. A user had a .bmp for a food chain in the States called Applebee's. He wanted to have the generic TT restaurant icon to show the Applebee logo where appropriate.

Here is the tip:
-----------------------------------

Turn On Tomtom Tap And Go To Page 2 Of 3 Tap Browse Map Then Tap Find , Tap Address, Tap City Center (for Example Miami Fl)
Tap Blue Dot , Tap Find Poi , Tap Any Poi Catagory, Tap With In 150m,
Write Applebee, You Will See All Applebees In That City,
Tap First Square, Tap Blue Dot ,tap Add As Poi , Write Applebee,
Tap Done! And Continue With All Squares You Will Have All New Icons With Logo. Instead Of Square With Fork And Knife......
------------------------------------
So, where 'Applebee' is referenced above, perhaps you can exchange that for the .bmp logo you have and try it.

Pretty smart dhn, I haven't tried this tip all the way but it sounds plausable because I was adding a poi the other day and it was really close to another poi on the map. When i added it by pointing to location on the map, it showed me the name of the other poi instead of the name of the road it was on so this might be worth a shot.
Man your mind is like a database scanning all these different forums all day and then remembering all the stuff and then coming up with the answers on the fly. Keep up the good work.;)

Here is the tip:
-----------------------------------

Turn On Tomtom Tap And Go To Page 2 Of 3 Tap Browse Map Then Tap Find , Tap Address, Tap City Center (for Example Miami Fl)
Tap Blue Dot , Tap Find Poi , Tap Any Poi Catagory, Tap With In 150m,
Write Applebee, You Will See All Applebees In That City,
Tap First Square, Tap Blue Dot ,tap Add As Poi , Write Applebee,
Tap Done! And Continue With All Squares You Will Have All New Icons With Logo. Instead Of Square With Fork And Knife......
------------------------------------
So, where 'Applebee' is referenced above, perhaps you can exchange that for the .bmp logo you have and try it.

Thanks for the info dhn,

I tried this but I don't get the same prompts, in particular the "within 150m".
I tried several variations of this tip but with no luck. The main thing I noticed was that when i got to the add as POI it only listed categories that had their own .ov2 and .bmp in the map folder but not categories that are contained in the poi.dat file. such as shop, gas station...etc. :confused:
Other stores of the same chain still have their branded logo, only the one I corrected has lost it and now shows a simple shopping cart.

Last edited:

Ask a Question