POI along route question

When I "find" a "POI along route", some items show with a green arrow, some with a yellow, and some with none. They look like the Navigate by way-of, and Alternate route icons. I haven't been able to really tell why some POI's have one or the other. What's the difference? TT support said it was simple color coding that didn't mean anything and was user adjustable. I'm not sure he understood what I was asking.

No idea. I'm confused as well.

All I can think of is maybe green is along the route itself and yellow is "along the route" BUT you'll need to detour off the path?

Edit: ok, so I just played around with it. Here's what I deduced:

Straight Green Arrow: Exactly on route or at destination (e.g. food outlets at a food court inside a shopping centre if the shopping centre is your destination and you searched for restaurants along route)

Green "alternative route" arrow: Along route, slight detour (e.g. inside a strip mall along the route)

Yellow "alternative route" arrow: close by but you'll have to detour off your current route/path.

Last edited:

Ask a Question