POI Alert Question

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I have a question about POI alerts. I created a POI file for various points of interest that I want to visit on a trip. I wanted to use the POI alert feature to let me know when one of the points of interest is coming up. This works fine and I get the icon in the upper left and the sound, but I was hoping it would actually tell me what the POI is that's upcoming. Is there any way to have it display the name of the POI - either for the alert or on the map once I get close enough to see the icon on the map?

Thanks!

I have a question about POI alerts. I created a POI file for various points of interest that I want to visit on a trip. I wanted to use the POI alert feature to let me know when one of the points of interest is coming up. This works fine and I get the icon in the upper left and the sound, but I was hoping it would actually tell me what the POI is that's upcoming. Is there any way to have it display the name of the POI - either for the alert or on the map once I get close enough to see the icon on the map?

Thanks!

Does not Preferences-->Voice Preferences-->Announce Warnings do it?

If you want to see the POI icon display on the unit, go to preferences -> Manage POIs -> Warn when near POI -> select the POI and select the sound.
Last, it will ask you if you want to warn only when in route, I have that unchecked so it will always warn me.

I have those items turned on, so I am seeing the icon warning and I'm hearing the warning sound, but what I was hoping is that it would announce verbally or with text on the screen what the upcoming POI was. For example, I'm doing Route66 and I wanted it to warn me when there was an interesting roadside attraction coming up and not just any attraction, but tell me what particular attraction it was.

Thanks!

I have those items turned on, so I am seeing the icon warning and I'm hearing the warning sound, but what I was hoping is that it would announce verbally or with text on the screen what the upcoming POI was. For example, I'm doing Route66 and I wanted it to warn me when there was an interesting roadside attraction coming up and not just any attraction, but tell me what particular attraction it was.

Thanks!

You can select a warning to play when near a poi of your choice ... including a recorded voice you make.

Ask a Question