PND's Banned in Switzerland

TomTom Model(s)
Mercedes A160 Go300 - 510 Apple iPhone
Last minute news is that in Switzerland some PDN's have been banned.They will be confiscated and a heavy fine given. It has become illegal to have a PND that warnes you of a Speed Camera . Swiss Police are looking for Nav systems with any type of camera pre-warning feature.Not only but even sale or production has been banned.Vacationers beware!

Hmmmm this is going to spead out man I can feel it.:eek: :mad:

That's what they said and tried to do with radar detectors in the 80's... though I speak of Stateside...

Last minute news is that in Switzerland some PDN's have been banned.
It is only the positional data, the speed cam POI's, that have been banned not the devices themselves. They have banned the sale of any devices that have pre-installed speed cam POI's.

Delete the Swiss speed cam POI's and it is all good.

I am guessing the Swiss government is losing alot of revenues from speeding tickets?? haha, to be that concern about a little device thats gonna warn and remind people not to speed when it isnt deem appropriate by the government... hmmm. A radar detector IMHo acts way differently than a GPS with Redlight POIs.

This http://www.speedbandits.dk/ should be any government's attempt to reduce speeding in all countrys. Wish we have these in the states....:D :eek:

PDN's Banned in Switzerland

It is only the positional data, the speed cam POI's, that have been banned not the devices themselves. They have banned the sale of any devices that have pre-installed speed cam POI's.

Delete the Swiss speed cam POI's and it is all good.

Yes that's true ..... I will carry 2 SD Cards one with the speed cams and one with out if I get stopped..... do the switcharoo....

camera poi in switzerland

I bought a tomtom 920t in switzerland last month....so I don't think they're banned.

Ask a Question