Please, please, please help!

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by Brigham, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Brigham

Brigham

Hi,

Newbie here!:)

I live in the UK but travel to the US a lot so after my One XL was stolen (in the US!), I bought a XXL540 World Edition that came with the USA, Canada, Mexico and Western Europe maps.

Swithced it on and 'all good'....I thought.

Once I'd connected to home and got the updates I can now only fit one or the other on my device, not both.

Is the only way to remedy this the purchase of the US & Canada only map?

It's really annoying because there was no mention of the maps not fitting in the instructions.

Thanks in advance

Brigham, Nov 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Brigham

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Welcome to TTF.

The initial maps for the WTE were USA_Canada_Mexico and Western_Europe. The problem is that the European map got too large so when you upgrade (855?) the entire European AND the USA_Canada maps won't fit in the same 4 gig space.

But.....................

When you update the European map, you should be offered a zone or zones to select. and install. However, all the European map zones do get installed on your computer.

So........

When you want to switch zones, you go to Home-->Manage my Device-->Computer-->Maps and click on (say) the Europe_West map. You should see another link 'change zones' and you should be able to switch out the existing European zone for one you now want (like Europe_North).

Bottom line: you should be able to have both the USA_Can AND the European zone you currently need on the unit at the same time.

dhn, Nov 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question