Please help with my XL (30 Series) / 330 - 1GB

Good to see the new software version is now being offered.
You shouldn't need to "Operate your XL" from inside Home just to get the new application version.
Has it downloaded and installed?

OK, after the last update to Application Version 9.401 the machine boots again, but does the getting through the settings and stops at setting the time and restarts the device again.

I can now operate the device from TomTom home, and have gone through the settings process. Although it thinks I am in Amsterdam! LOL This is clearly an old map installed... Now I guess I have to go and get the latest map...

I have calculated a route in the TomTom Home "operate my device" and this seems to work. Going to try disconnecting and restarting the device now!

Although it thinks I am in Amsterdam! LOL This is clearly an old map installed... Now I guess I have to go and get the latest map...

No, you don't have to do that. It just hasn't got a signal lock yet.

While connedted to Home, use the on-screen emulator ("Operate my XL") to
1. create a new route, and
2. create a new favourite

Then exit the emulator, disconnect safely using the icon in the bottom right of the Home screen or by using the "safely disconnect hardware" icon on the PC's main screen next to the clock (may be in "hidden" icons)

Now try the XL normally.

OK, had to download the latest map 1.6GB Europe - Western Zone, as the new maps are mahoosive 2.6GB (which of course doesn't fit). Just installing the map now.

The Edition is from the TomTom website enter the first two digits of your device serial (mine being RS - (serial: RS6179H06920 - 4EM0.001.01) It comes up as XL IQ Routes / 340 - 2GB so I just copied that!

Now I'm all confused! :confused: about what device I have! :)

Anyway, the map is installing, which will take a good few minutes. Will try again after that to start the device. New App 9.401 is installed.

While connedted to Home, use the on-screen emulator ("Operate my XL") to
1. create a new route, and
2. create a new favourite

Then exit the emulator, disconnect safely using the icon in the bottom right of the Home screen or by using the "safely disconnect hardware" icon on the PC's main screen next to the clock (may be in "hidden" icons)

Now try the XL normally.

OK will give this a try in a sec once the new map is on. Just felt like I needed to have all the latest things on there first. Sorry, I am getting ahead of myself! :( Once this is done will try and be patient and not do anything else until I hear back from you! :) Unless it works of course!

XL IQ Routes / 340 - 2GB - that's fine. It's called an XL IQ ROutes Edition in Europe and an XL 340 u=in America.

It's just that it's NOT a "ONE XL".

Why did you buy a new map? Or did you have a subscription already. Best to get it working before messing with maps, I'd have thought.

XL IQ Routes / 340 - 2GB - that's fine. It's called an XL IQ ROutes Edition in Europe and an XL 340 u=in America.

It's just that it's NOT a "ONE XL".

Why did you buy a new map? Or did you have a subscription already. Best to get it working before messing with maps, I'd have thought.

Thanks, sorry got my edition wrong, just bought my sister a One XL, thats why I got confused! Updated signature accordingly! Thanks.

I have a subscription :) Sorry, as I mentioned, was getting ahead of myself! I had the Europe - Western zone map previously when it was working, just not the latest one I don't think. I will be more patient and will not mess with anything else until I get this working.

Any news, or is it still downloading?

About 95% installed. Shouldn't be too long now... I hope! Got a 200mile+ trip to Manchester shortly, and I am hoping that TomTom will be working before I leave!

:)

OK...

New map installed, latest app installed. Operate my device in Home, set up a route, set up my home location, and added a new favorite...

Closed the Home operate window, disconnected device (using the eject button in TomTom Home). Device restarted and got stuck on the TomTom start screen.

Reset the device holding the button for 13 seconds, it does the load screen and the yellow bar goes up, then just sits on the start screen again.

Reset the device again and connected to the computer automatically. Ran the Clear Flash application again. Clear Flash completed successfully and device restarted and reconnected to the PC again!

Safely removed device from PC using eject button. Device went to start screen and froze again!

Back to square 1!

P.S. Cant stop the device using the Windows Safely Remove Hardware option as it wont let me because TomTom home has the device locked! :(

Will have to make do without the device for tonight, I need to leave now so I dont arrive in Manchester too late! I'll be back with my problems later this week! :)

Any ideas please update the thread and I'll be back! Thanks for your help so far today. Although I am still where I was when I started several hours ago, I feel that if I am patient, I might not have to buy a new device! :(

OK, now I cant operate the device from TomTom Home. It says my device does not support this feature!

OK, going to have to give up for now. Have to leave. Will revisit this when I am back on Thursday/Friday. May have to just start from scratch and format again, and just try everything again a bit at a time.

Thanks for all your help today. I hope you will assist me again when I get back.

Thanks

It's reverted the version of the app back to 8.415... All confused now!:confused:

I must admit I'm at a loss to understand how it could revert back to an earlier software version all on it's own. Or are you saying Home did it?

Ask a Question