Please Help - GO 7150 not connecting to laptop

tcg

TomTom Model(s)
Hi, can anyone please help. i have a tomtom 7150, just over 12 months old, i came to do some updates using "My Tomtom" but my laptop would not accept my device,I have never had this problem before and i have tried the following
re-installed the software, changed the USB port, changed the usb lead to device, re-set the device, restore factory settings on the device, tried to update using my sons laptop, but still cannot get either laptop to accept the TomTom.
If i go to the device manager on the laptop. i cannot see the tomtom in either network addaptors or USB mass storage devices, but i am getting power to the tomtom, because it is charging up... unfortunately TomTom web fleet will not speak to a meer mortal like me and will only have conversation with their distributors, unfortunately the company i purchased it off are drawing a blank because, yes you have guessed it, it is just out of guarantee

can any one out there help... thanks
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we even know if the GO 7150 connects to the standard version of MyTomTom?
It might be a customised version for Webfleet.

Although I would have thought the network connection to the PC would be done the same way,

Do we even know if the GO 7150 connects to the standard version of MyTomTom?
It might be a customised version for Webfleet.

Although I would have thought the network connection to the PC would be done the same way,
Hi Andy
yes i have been using the 7150 for ages with "My TomTom" with no issues, it is only this last week, when i was notified that there was an update that i have had this issue

And you did try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds?

In Device Manager does it show as a network connection? (I know you mentioned network adapter in your first post). If it does show, can you verify it is set as 'enabled'?

[Your device will not show as a mass storage device, that is normal]

In Device Manager does it show as a network connection? (I know you mentioned network adapter in your first post). If it does show, can you verify it is set as 'enabled'?

[Your device will not show as a mass storage device, that is normal]

Hi
No is does not show at all

And you ARE using the usb cable that came with the device and using a port on the back of the computer???

I to have a 7150 truck all as been fine up until one month ago after an update it now keeps loosing GPS signal
I have sent an email to TT and like you tcg I am but a driver so the reply from TT

I understand that you are not getting the proper GPS signal on your TomTom device.

Please be assured, I will do my best to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Michael, In order to resolve this issue I would request you to please contact to our business solution website.

TomTom Business customers without a WEBFLEET account number should be redirected to their point of purchase or use the online FAQs (https://tomtombusiness-uk.custhelp.com/app/home/).

TomTom Business customers with a WEBFLEET account number can contact TomTom Business Customer Support directly: they can find the TomTom Business contact details in WEBFLEET under the ‘support’-tab. The other option is to fill out the online support form (http://business.tomtom.com/en_gb/support/contact/ - WEBFLEET account number needed).

Thank you for your precious time and giving me an opportunity to assist you.

Just because I'm not on web fleet just getting fobbed off and the FAQ's on the TT site is but a joke NO HELP for the 7150 from TT unless you have a web fleet account that stinks

Mick

Last edited by a moderator:
You can try calling CS and see how far you get that way:

0845 161 0009 or 020 7387 5444

Sounds like a Catch22 to me...
Normal customer support will wash their hands of you because you have a "business" model.

Business division will wash their hands of you because you don't have a Webfleet account.

That's awful.

Yeah the so called support as rubbish so have told TT when I get home I WILL be putting the 7150 Pro truck into a box and sending it back to them so they can do with as they wish and I have finished with TT now will look at getting some other truck sat nav bollox to'em

Ask a Question