Playlist question

for the 920.

I want to create a playlist for my MP3s. The manual says that i can create playlists with Winamp or Windows Media Player. Okay. I did that and copied the *.m3u and *.wpl files in the \mp3 folder. I click on the "Playlist" icon in TomTom Jukebox. I don't see a playlist to choose. Then I tried changing the *.wpl extension to *.pla. Now, that *.pla file appears outside of the \mp3 folder even though I saved it inside the \mp3 folder. Yet, when I click on the *.pla file, TomTom says "No matches found!"

this explanation: http://tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=301 does not help my situation since I don't want to create a second set of mp3s.

Anyone know how to create a playlist that actually works?

Last edited:
Fix for 910 does not seem to work on my 920

I'm having the same problem creating playlists for my 920. I've tried several playlist types (.asx, .m3u, .wpl) with no success. I've also tried using folders as suggested in other forums for the 910, but my 920 will not recognize mp3's unless they are in a folder called "mp3". Anything in a subfolder under "mp3" is also not recognized.

Anyone recognize what I might be doing wrong? Seems very odd that the fix that works for the 910 does not work on the 920, but that's what I'm seeing.

I believe you have to rename the extension to .pla - although I don't exactly recall. There's a thread where this is discussed. I have my music in subfolders by composer (mostly classical) and albums. Playlists on these devices are not handled in exactly the same fashion (my Blackberry also can use playlists but the structure also varies). I think part of the problem is that when you create a playlist on a computer, many times it also includes a DRIVE reference which does not work on the smaller devices.

I have playlists on my 920 using the folders.

However, I have the mp3 folder on my SD card. Under the mp3 folder, I created subfolders (my playlist) and it works fine for me. I also deleted the mp3 folder in the internal drive.

Many Thanks!

As soon as I deleted the mp3 folder from the internal memory, I began to see the subfolders on my SD card as playlists. Many thanks for the input.

I have playlists on my 920 using the folders.

However, I have the mp3 folder on my SD card. Under the mp3 folder, I created subfolders (my playlist) and it works fine for me. I also deleted the mp3 folder in the internal drive.

Pedro, so although the x20 series sees mp3s if they are in both internal and on a sd card in a mp3 folder, are you saying that having a subfolder called 'playlist' within a mp3 folder on a sd card wrecks the abilitiy of the unit to combine and use what is in both mp3 folders?

Pedro, so although the x20 series sees mp3s if they are in both internal and on a sd card in a mp3 folder, are you saying that having a subfolder called 'playlist' within a mp3 folder on a sd card wrecks the abilitiy of the unit to combine and use what is in both mp3 folders?

Not sure. when I first did this experiment. I did see the mp3 folder and my playlist folders (SD card). At first, I didn't want the sample songs on there so I deleted the mp3 folder from the internal drive. That fixed my problem since I only use the playlist from the SD card. The SD card does have the mp3 folder with subfolders(playlists).

Ask a Question