playing MP3

Hi All just a quick question about playing mp3's on my TT-910. can you select a list or a number of songs to play automaticaly one after another?

I only played with it for about 10 minutes and could only play 1 song at a time, that could be very distracting while driving but I hope I have just overlooked something..... thanks

Good use of the search function!! I had even forgotten I had asked that question of Pedro2NR.

mp3

Thanks to all that responded.... good info and is working good... also found that you could make any number of folders with diferent albums

thanks again RalphRalph

The tomtom 910 manual says

=================
Playlist - tap this button to select a playlist.
Note: You can create playlists in a third-party application such as iTunes,
Musicmatch, or Winamp.
=================

It looks like it is supposed to show and play playlist files created by winamp etc. But mine doesn't show up if i put an m3u file in mp3 dir. Did anybody know if it can play any true playlist? Did anybody ask tomtom?

did u try the second post link that DF mentioned?
I think that is the easiest way to make a playlist.

Playlists in the TomTom GO 910

Even better than any of the solutions mentioned above: Make a playlist with any of the programs mentioned or others available as freeware, saving as an .m3u file in the mp3 folder of the TT910. Then, manually change the file extension from .m3u to .pla.
When you tap "Playlist" the .pla files show up at the top of the list, ahead of all the folders in the mp3 directory. Tap any of the playlist files, then any of the songs shown, and the music starts. If you have "shuffle" checked, it shuffles the songs as well. Works great -- at least w/ software 7.161.

Tom Tom playlists

Open notepad
create list of mp3's you want by there full name as it appears in the mp3 folder of your tom tom. ie

Counting Crows - Mr. Jones.mp3
Say Hello wave goodbye.mp3
Knowing me.mp3
Echo Beach.mp3
Bryan Adams and Melanie C. - When You're Gone.mp3

Save by the name you want to call the list with the extension ".pla"
ie RiffTrade.pla (my bands name) save this in your MP3 folder of the TomTom.
Jukebox will display an Icon for yourplaylist. select this and it will display your tracks in order.

Enjoy

Ask a Question