planning Europe trip while in US

TomTom Model(s)
xxl540s
I have an xxl540s model with US and Europe maps loaded on my device. I would like to do some route planning for an upcoming Europe trip, but my TomTom does not recognize countries outside of North America. Am I doing something wrong or must I be on the continent (Europe) in order to do trip planning there?

If you have installed the Europe map correctly choose Charge Preferences then choose Switch Map (it may be on the third screen of preferences options), and you should be able to choose and select the Europe map. You do not need to be located within the area of a map to view the map and to plan journeys within it.

Thanks so much tgold. I just did what you suggested and it worked. I switched to the Europe map and tried it out, then easily switched back to the US map. Interestingly, before your reply, I had called TomTom support and was told that I had to be on the continent for that map to work.

I usually do all my route planning with Google maps as it is easy to change locations while looking at the distance of the route and suggested time required.

I also prepare a Custom POI category with all possible locations to which I may want to go or which I would want to utilize as a way point.
(Right clicking on a point and then on What's here will get you the coordinates.)
This will save a lot of time not having to tap all kinds of addresses on location with the odd chance of incurring the wrath of ones significant other.

To check out a time/distance in Europe with your XXL 540 while still over here you will have to select Plan route A...B.

Enjoy the planning.

Ask a Question